Leszek Karski, Ph.D.
academic teacher and legal advisor specializing in climate law, energy law, environmental law and medical law.
- 2001-2004 – The University of Bialystok, Ph.D. seminar, specialization in energy law and environmental law. Ph.D. thesis, „Renewable energy sources in the aspect of public law” under the direction of Prof. Eugeniusz Smoktunowicz
- 1996-2001 – The Faculty of Law at The University of Białystok – full-time degree, specializing in civil law and commercial law, MA thesis: „Restrictions on the exercise of property rights”, under the direction of Prof. Krzysztof Pietrzykowski and Prof. Teresa Mróz
- Participation in Paris Agreement negotiations.
- Contribution to the victory of the Mazovia region before the Polish Constitutional Tribunal in the case on cross-subsidies mechanism affecting the budgetary situation of Mazovia and other ‘richer’ regions of Poland (“Janosikowe”) in the context of sustainable development.
- Participation in the 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 and 21 Conferences of the Parties to the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change and 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 11 Conferences of the Parties to the Kyoto Protocol.
- Member of the Council of the Polish National Health Fund – Mazovia Region.
- Member of the Experts Commission of Mazowiecki Credit Guarantee Fund.
- Member of the Social Council of the Energy Sustainable Development under the Deputy Prime Minister.
- Participation in the work of the Social Council of the National Programme for Emission Reduction under the Deputy Prime Minister.
- Member of the Council of Scientific in the Polish Energy Group – Renewable Energy (PGE Energia Odnawialna S.A.).
- Participation in the work relating to the implementation of emissions trading scheme in Poland in the National Administration of Emissions Trading Scheme.
- Co-author of the draft law on the implementation of the Kyoto Protocol. Participation in the EU expert group on legal aspects of climate change (LEX) as a Polish expert.
- Participation in the Working Group of the Economic Policy Committee – the common area of climate policy and energy policy.
- Expert for the Polish parliamentary committees in the field of energy law and environmental law
- Expanding range of courses in the field of environmental law, energy law and medical law for students of environmental protection courses (international environmental law, emission trading scheme, the climate change law, air quality law, EU energy law, intellectual property protection in the aspect of environmental protection, medical law)
- Participation in a number of projects, including:
- Preparation of the Conference on Climate Change and Society in 2009 (86 speakers from the area of science, government, politics and business)
- A cooperation project of science, government and business entities in the area of climate change – a series of meetings, workshops, conferences.
- Participation in a foresight project of regional universities of Warsaw and the Mazovia region “Mazowsze Academic 2030”
- Project: “Science for Small and Medium Business”.
- Since 2017: Deputy Chairman of the Scientific Council of the Institute of Environmental Protection
- Since 2016: Director of the Department of Strategy and Communication at Inspection of Environmental Protection
- Since 2016: Chairman of the supervisory board of the Provincial Environmental Protection Fund in Zielona Góra
- Since 2004: assistant professor in the Department of Environmental Law and Environmental Management of the Institute of Ecology and Bioethics at the University of Cardinal Stefan Wyszynski
- Since January 2007: head of the Environmental Law Unit at the Department of Environmental Law and Environmental Management of the Institute of Ecology and Bioethics at Cardinal Stefan Wyszynski University
- Lectures in a number of different areas including:
- environmental law and environmental policy at Cardinal Stefan Wyszynski University
- medical law at the University of Warsaw
- energy law at Warsaw University of Technology
- introduction to law, medical law, EU law at the University of Ecology and Management
- educational law and administration at the University of Humanities in Pułtusk
- 2008 – 2012: vice dean for the environmental protection courses at the Faculty of Christian Philosophy at Cardinal Stefan Wyszynski University in Warsaw
- 2007 – 2008: coordinating expert at the National Fund for Environmental Protection and Water Management, the Team of International Agreements and Conventions. Climate protection area. Supporting the preparation of the Conference of the Parties to the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change. Working on the development of GIS, JI
- 2006 – 2007: head of the legal team at the National Administration of Emissions Trading Scheme – participation in the work on amendments to the national legislation, participation in the EU ETS negotiations, other legal services connected with the implementation of EU ETS
- July – August 2006: the internship of the Minister of the Environment in Brussels at the Poland’s Permanent Representation in Brussels – environmental policy section
- 2006 – 2007: work at the National Administration of Emissions Trading Scheme – Institute of Environmental Protection as the legal expert
- 2002 – 2003: Expert on energy law and environmental law at the National Energy Conservation Agency – coordination of the work of lawyers. Projects for the Ministry of the Environment and Ministry of the Economy. Preparation of individual parts of the work in the legal aspect
- 2001 – 2002: legal and marketing specialist at the Energy Market Agency. Duties of the Promotion and Legal Team Manager. Marketing, PR, business services, opinions on legal acts, support for public procurement
- Over 110 publications, i.a. Emission trading scheme (book 2012), Renewable energy sources (edited book 2012), Climate change and society (edited book 2009).,Climate law in Poland: towards an overall regulation (in:) Climate law in EU Member States, M. Peeters, M. Stallworthy, J. de Cendra de Larragan (eds.) 2012